Boyfriend Jeans - Fashion or Fad?

Saturday, March 29, 2014

[Fashion Inspiration] Hi guys! As you read this, Im currently in Taipei at the moment! I started on this post before I flew off on my mini-holiday because I was shopping the day before, running some errands around town and I was quite inspired by Zara's new collection, I just randomly decided to write this! If you haven't realized, one of the latest denim trends currently is to own a pair of 'Boyfriend Jeans', minus the boyfriend if necessary, keke. This wide-leg, easy-to-wear rugged pair of jeans provide an impeccably chic lived-in look which resonates with fashionistas all over the world. Who wants to look too done up in the day?



What's the 'Boyfriend Jeans'?
The origin of boyfriend fashion is literally borrowing and wearing a boyfriend's clothes - his distressed jeans, his band tees, his dress shirts, his blazers, his cardigan. The trend expanded in 2009 when actress Katie Holmes was spotted in public wearing Tom Cruise's slouchy jeans after a Broadway rehearsal; other celebrities such as Reese Witherspoon, Rachel Bilson, Sarah Jessica Parker, and others began to follow the trend. -- source : wiki


While the TomKat union has sadly ended, the Boyfriend Jeans trend is obviously here to stay with major brands like H&M, GAP and ZARA doing their own interpretation of the trend.
I fell in love with the wide-leg, comfy and jeans-have-been-lived-in scruffy look!
But my ultimate favourite look is to wear a fun t-shirt, messy hair and boyfriend jeans with über luxe shoes like these Louboutin flats! Très chic!
And Kim Kardashian is REALLY ROCKING this look! 
I can envision myself throwing on a black blazer over a plain T-shirt, high heels and out the door I go! Perky butt, optional. *hehehe*
Have to go grab a bite now, back soon guys! Happy weekend, all :)
Whats your fashion inspiration? 
Facebook ♥ Instagram ♥ Twitter

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Good idea now that I'm thinking of what to wear for tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there, Pixie! Feel free to leave a comment, thanks! xo

My Reads

Blog Archive