In Between

Friday, May 15, 2015

[Personal] Many moons ago, while I was still heavily pregnant but craving for my regular bowl of barachiraishi (sashimi rice), the husband and I found out that one of our acquaintances had actually opened a bar-restaurant serving the ever familiar bowl of bara that I have grown to love ever since I tasted my first bowl from Teppei Yamashita. 
Culinary-wise, we are an adventurous couple and to show support to the said acquaintance, we decided to make a trip down to the west to try their star dish, their own version of a barachirashi. Stepping in the dark mysterious restaurant, (mysterious because there wasnt a signboard to be found anywhere) we were greeted by a long bar counter where the customers could order a bowl of sashimi rice and a cocktail at the same time. Kinda Japanese-fusion gastropub. Interesting.

While we had a delightful lunch experience (pics here are from lunch), our dinner the following week was such a disaster - it left us extremely disappointed so much so that I am still waiting for the boss to give me a good explanation. Well.. my son is 10 weeks today and still no reply... *meh*  
I dun usually lambast people.. restaurants, food or PR skills in particular but when you piss me off. You REALLY PISS ME OFF.. I could go on forever and state everything that went really wrong the night we booked the place for a private party to celebrate my D-elivery Day but one thing is for sure.. I'm never going back there. Ever.
Food-wise.. slightly pretentious fusion but extremely instagram-worthy. Cocktails are good (alittle expensive, we spent $800 on drinks alone for 12 people, $8 hot green tea a cup with tea bag still inside anyone? Hot water top-ups FOC though.) but the worst part is that the service staff had such an attitude problem, I CAN'T EVEN.
The only saving grace  
I dun usually blog about negative experiences (this is a HAPPY blog!) - but I love the pictures that hubby took so I want to post it here la, haha! Sadly the dinner experience marred my private party so much, Im just thankful that we had understanding friends who didnt blame us for choosing such an awful place. To the restaurant, there's a reason why my dining companion rated you one star on your restaurant fan page. If you can bother to message me at 4am confronting me about the rating that my friend left on Facebook. perhaps you should spend more time trying to improve the food (like for example, making sure there is no hair again in the salad.) or teaching your bartenders some tact and manners. Thank you and I wish your business all the best.
One of my worseeee dinner experiences. #Sorrynotsorry
Whats the worst dining experience that you ever had?
Facebook ♥ Instagram ♥ Twitter
"Bad food is made without pride, by cooks who have no pride, and no love. Bad food is made by chefs who are indifferent, or who are trying to be everything to everybody, who are trying to please everyone... Bad food is fake food... food that shows fear and lack of confidence in people's ability to discern or to make decisions about their lives."
- Anthony Bourdain

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Wa.. The owner can still message you asking why -_-

    Sometimes business owners just need some lessons in PR / marketing :p

    Btw you look great there!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there, Pixie! Feel free to leave a comment, thanks! xo

My Reads

Blog Archive