Behind The Scenes of my Maternity Shoot For Baby No.2

Friday, August 25, 2017

Hello! If you have been following me on Instagram @Sugar73 - I guess you would have known that I had a recent maternity shoot in Botanical Gardens by the ever wonderful Jen Pan Photography. I contacted her roughly around 2 months ago on a whim coz I decided that I should do an outdoor photoshoot this time round to be different from the previous indoor studio shoot done by KidsPictures : Here. There are a few packages available for the maternity shoot to suit each couple's budget and if you would like to know which one I chose and how much it is, please feel free to email or drop me a DM on social media. 😇
Preparing for my Maternity Shoot For Baby No.2
The Look 
I have to admit that being a second time mother, I was pretty chillax til it was near to the photoshoot and I decided to get my act together and DO SOMETHING. Firstly, without a doubt - I really wanted my good friend cum makeup artist Fidelis Toh to do my hair and makeup for my upcoming shoot. I love her style so much and really wanted something ethereal looking and somewhat dreamy. Here's some of my inspirational looks that I was going for. Flowers in hair ✌ Check. Soft Makeup ✌ Check. White/Pink Gown (My favorite colors) ✌ Check. Looking into the distance carrying a basketball in my tummy machiam very in love liddat ... ✌ I will try my best in our freaking hot weather 😷
The Outfits
The next thing I needed was to actually get something that can fit my ever growing belly. Although I haven bought many clothes this time round (Im just repeating all my current clothes since I always wear loose tops anyways) - I really wanted something that was suitable for the maternity shoot and the location that we were heading to. I spoke to my photographer and we wanted to have a nice lush background with a waterfall if possible and that leaves us with Botanical Gardens or Gardens By The Bay. I love how natural Botanical Garden would 'feel' so I wanted to get a nice belly baring gown to showcase, well .. the belly. The options locally are rather expensive unfortunately and I really didnt want to spend a bomb on buying or renting something that I would potentially wear once. So the next best thing.. Off to Taobao I go. 😝
I really liked this dress ad thought it looked suitable for the shoot. There were sooo many options that I got lost trying to visualize how it will look on me. I mean, come on its Taobao (or rather I used the English version called MamaApp) and obviously the material will not be as good as they look in pictures. But at $15 (vs hundreds to buy/rent) Im prepared to risk it. LOLOLOL. #Cheapo
Flowers
Lastly I needed real flowers to pull off the whole look I reckon. Initially I got some plastic floral crowns from Mamapp (yes again its my current favorite place to shop!) but in reality they look rather fake, small and weird. Maybe for close-up pictures.. but I didn't think that it will stand out particularly among the lush greenery of Botanical Gardens.  
Thankfully I know who to turn to because we've worked together :Click Here! Floral Garage is a 2 year old Floral and Gifts company that offers lovely and beautiful hand bouquets, along with ready designed bouquets, gifts and party supplies! In fact I was soooo last minute I made the request (you can email them directly at service@floralgragesg.com. for customized orders like mine) for a floral crown and flowers like erm... the day before the shoot. 😅 Im grateful that not only did Floral Garage deliver the flowers on time (same day!) they did such a GREAT JOB! More pictures later ~
Express delivery on the very same day and so so PRETTY! 💗
The Day of The Shoot 
The shoot was supposed to take place in the morning (so that it will not be too hot with harsh sunlight) so I had to wake up bright and early at the ungodly hour of 6am to have my makeup prepped. OMG reminded me of my wedding day man... 😁
Halfway through the makeup session .. someone woke up grumpy coz he cant find his Mama! Awww hahaha poor little guy looking confused coz I had my hair in weird roller curls 
My #InstagramHusband
Take a peek!
Cant wait to see my gorgeous hair by Fidelis!
Flowers in my hair 😍
How does this look?
My hand bouquet by Floral Garage! I requested for something pink and white .. my favorite colors <3 p="">
I loved how rustic it looks! I didnt want it to be wedding-like actually .. so this was perfect!
My favorite shot!
Awww ~ sooo dreamy 
Love love love my total look from Fidelis! She's soooo talented and I cant gush enough what a gorgeous friend she is to me! Her work speaks for itself but really, she's a beautiful person inside out! 💓
Love ya babe xx 
The Photography 
There's not alot of pictures coz it was HOT and Im sweating like a pig while trying to look glamorous and all then we have to make sure Elroy doesnt run too far away coz he kinda like being in the 'park park' 😄 - But thankfully Jen (the Mama half of Jen Pan Photography) has two lovely kids of her own so Elroy warmed up to her rather quickly! He liked her so much he was following her around and even listened to her instructions! 
Mosquito repellent necessary 
My tired toddler 
It rained inbetween so we got a small break having breakfast and generally having a nice convo about what Jen and Ray used to do (Wedding Videographers!) and how they got into maternity and newborn photography. Its such a meaningful job and I applaud their passion. Its not easy man! Dealing with hormonal pregnant woman (like me), crazy toddlers running around and fragile newborns 😆
We have to wait for passer-bys to 'finish' their walk... and some of them really walk v..e..r..y slowlyyyyy 😒LOLOLOL
Ready to see the pictures???? (These are sneak peeks that we got back on the day of the shoot itself - we haven got the full album back yet so I will do a follow up post when I get all the photos!)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"I carried you for every second of your life and I will love you with every second of mine." 💗
Thanks for looking :)
For more info, please head to :
Jen Pan Photography : http://jenpan.photography/
Fidelis Toh The Luckiest Chick Hair & Makeup Artistry : http://theluckiestchick-.blogspot.sg/p/blog-page.html 
Flower Garage Singapore : https://floralgaragesg.com/

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hello there, Pixie! Feel free to leave a comment, thanks! xo

My Reads

Blog Archive